Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leaddog

Hey Favre, Bring your bow?

8 posts in this topic

Lots of deer in Eden Prairie...

Saw first antlers this morning - ears wide, real tall.

Just saying, you won't miss WI.

Yeah, he'll probably be hurt by end of October when the hunting heats up. He should have plenty of treestand time, if he can shoot his bow with that blown out rotator cuff. Probably be able to get a crossbow license pretty easy. grin

The problem with the big bucks in EP is you can't shoot them. Unlike MN, WI has big bucks running around outside of the city limits. I not saying MN doesn't have big bucks but it isn't WI.

You sure about that Muskie456? I know alot of cities allow limited-access hunting to curb the populations. I have a buddy that hunts Maple Grove and another that hunts Shoreview, and know of several other people that hunt all over the Metro, right in city limits

I think EP prefers the sharp shooter route for deer control - they don't like to talk about it or gather any attention.

But plenty of other places to hunt including many former Vikes might show him.

With all the Favre talk that thought jumped in my head each time I picked up my bow for a few practice shots over the weekend.

There are lots of biggins in MN and when you get it back from the processor there's no CHEESE in it!

having grown up in E.P the only way you can bow hunt there is if you have atleast 40 acres. guess what there are no more 40 acre plots left

The City of EP does not allow open hunting anywhere within city limits. I have checked into it and talked with the wildlife coordinator. Right now they use sharpshooters throughout the city. I'm trying to get a presentation together to give about using hunting and maybe MBRB for a hunt.

Was that a MacKenzie target I saw outside Winter Park this morning?

No reports from GunSlinger#04 huh? Or is it NoPack#04?