• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

simple to answer. If you look at 2 3/4 inch shells you'll find they are 2 1/2 inches. The 1/4 difference is for when the shot shell opens and releases the wad/shot pellets. Next time you have a spent shot shell, measure it. You'll see it's the actual lenght. Makes ya think if you are really gettin alot more bang for your buck????

ABSOLUETLY NOT!!!!! If you notice your gun owners manual will state "Chambered For" and some barrels will read that too and that's the unfired lenght of shot shell that your gun will handle. Much like a rifle a shotgun has a chamber that is longer then the actual lenght of the shell to allow for the crimped end to open. Kinda like tryin to jam an 06 shell into a .308 chamber.

so i could shoot 3.5s out of 3" gun? but might not come out easily? just cerious what will happen..

NO!!! DO NOT DO THIS EVER!!!!!

When they say 3" they mean just that 3". DO NOT fire a 3.5 inch shell in a 3" gun.

When I was younger my brother fired a 3" #2 steel in a 2 3/4" chamber to "see what would hapen". It "happened" to blow the barrel right off his 870. Mabe not "off" but it separated the barrel from the reciever by 3/4", and the pump mechanism didn't work so good after that either.

Gentlemen, you have just seen an example of one of the more negative impacts of the Internet and the various forums. It is a marvelous thing that all people can now voice their ideas and opinons. It is imperative, however, that all people keep in mind that the information available is not ALWAYS correct. Remember, and I mean no disrespect to any member here, you do NOT know who is posting or what their background or knowledge is.

A clear eyed skeptic is a man with a keen mind.