• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ground blind??

A cedar tree works well for me. Pines are good too. Blend in in front of it. I've used the Doghouse for turkeys, a bit tight but workable. For deer I prefer to ground stand while looking like part of the tree taking 10 yard shots

Come on September!

Without question, Primos Double Bull Blinds are the finest on the market. Expensive though.

There are others out there that are pretty good, just depends on what you will be using them for.

My suggestion would be you go someplace that has them set up and you can sit in them to see which one YOU like best. They are not all the same and some feel different inside than others of the same size and shape.

My ONE recomendation. Get one that is black inside. Other than that, you are on your own.

One of the blinds started putting floors in them, which I thought was stupid. I frequently put my blind on a hill, and have to dig certain legs of my chair in different depths to be level. I can't do that with a floor in there. Plus the floor will be noisy. Granted, it maybe keeps the wind gusts out from the bottom, but I would prefer not to have a floor.

Incidentally, I love hunting out of my blind where cover allows. I am far more comfortable in the blind, which allows me to sit far longer. I figure the longer I sit, the better my chances. I also tend to figit a bit too much, and if I'm in a tree stand, I may as well blow a whistle too. The blinds are warmer, out of the elements like rain, and snow, and conceal my movements.

One of the big draw backs is you can't see over brush. If there's lots of ground cover, you may have trouble seeing very far. Get used to less than 25 yd shots in those cases. You have to stay alert, because they'll walk right up on you.

One thing I like for gun season. You're required to wear blaze orange, but I still have camo cover by the blind. Be careful though, if you're not on private property, you may want to buy a blaze orange top for your blind. It just covers the peak. No one's going to know you're there and may shoot you. Make sure everyone in your party, Know's where each other is at. You're on bullet/slug level down there.

A cedar tree works well for me. Pines are good too. Blend in in front of it. I've used the Doghouse for turkeys, a bit tight but workable. For deer I prefer to ground stand while looking like part of the tree taking 10 yard shots

Come on September!

leaddog, do you sit behind the tree or do you try to blend into the front of the tree?