• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Leeches at Gander

GlassEyeangler

Quick question: I have seen this posting on occasion (please read forum policies before posting...). Is there a specific etiquette issue that occurs? Just curious, the reply looked reasonable enough, just wanted to clarify. Thanks

Well this'll be my last time posting in this thread, I'm tired of arguing. I forget who said what, since I read the thread, then had to go back and sign in, then re-navigate to the thread.

Note from admin, please read forum policy before posting again, thank you.

First off, this thread has nothing to do with customer service, it was about the leech issue, which I believe has been resolved. My friend and his associates aren't the ones who decided no 1/2 pounds, don't get mad at them for it. Ask for a manager and make a formal complaint, or something.

As for poor customer service, that's always going to be an issue. My friend's probably the best guy in the department there for service, I know he always get asked if they make commission, and he's had a few people wait to talk to managers at the check-out just to let them know how helpful he was. And he does that regardless of personal issues, whether they're work-related or not. But when he reads these posts (he doesn't have an account but I showed him them) what do you expect? Why bother giving decent customer service when people just complain anyway? If you go into a store expecting poor customer service, you'll be making excuses, and looking for every possible wrong-doing by the associate. He told me a quote by one of his superiors he really likes "In retail everyone's really good at pointing out the three or four things we do wrong, but nobody ever points out the thousands of things we do right." So try thinking about all the things you've bought from the store, and compare the positives to the negatives. And please never judge the company, store, or employees, based off one or two experiences. And give each individual a chance.

IT, I'm sure your buddy gives great service. But how many don't? Even two or three guys there will ruin it for everyone one. A customer with a good experience may not tell anyone yet a customer with bad service will tell ten. Or they may go on an open forum and vent. I don't think this has to do with customer service if it's a policy but it's a bad policy and doesn't give a customer what they want and can get at a local bait shop.

well put Sandmannd...thanks for that.

i will probably get booted from this thread just like i did before, but maybe everyone will get a chance to read my response before i get deleted...as i started all of this.

hey Tony...i have NO problem with your friend at GM. i do have a problem with the double standard of sometimes getting a 1/2lb and other times not. all the way through this thread NO ONE can CLEARLY tell me why. i didn't start the customer service comments...simply trying to understand why it's sometimes not a problem, and other times it's like i'm asking for all the money in the till? btw...thanks for sharing this with your friend, and maybe he can bring the issue up to his manager.

to the man that entered the SKU into the system...THANK YOU, and i mean that. i'm in an industry where if i'm made aware of a problem, it's my fault if i didn't fix it...period. it would really be nice if you could call the Lakeville store and help them better understand how to use the system. as you are the person who really gets it.

i'm almost out of leeches now...even though i bought a pound. can anyone tell me what there experience has been from getting bait at Nagel's (sp?) Bait Shop in Faribo? i fish a lot of lakes around that area, and it would be on my way.

thanks

GlassEyeangler...can do...I'm on it...I'll contact the General mgr in LakeVille (just shot an e-mail off now) and try to explain how the 1/2 lb inventory system will not mess up there system if they add it, and costomers are requesting it.

If you have ever been in the military you understand chain of command is everything, and in retail it is much the same, things change when the right channels are fallowed in the appropriate manner....however slowly. wink

Once again, specific requests at the store level do help, when presented in a courteous manner.

not sure if you are asking me? i haven't been in to purchase leeches yet.

concerning the original issue, it wasn't ignored...i brought it to his attention, and he responded, "yea, your right, we need to remove that" (meaning, the UPC needed to be removed, as they aren't allowed to sell 1/2lbs). the SKU was clearly visible on the counter next to the cash register. the price was set at $9.99, which was interesting because it's roughly $28.00 for a pound. again, i would pay half of the pound price, possibly even more...but i'm not complaining. maybe i could purchase 2 1/2lbs for $9.99...he he.

i will stop in soon and ask for a 1/2lb to see if the issue has been taken care soon.

more of the same...i went into GM in Lakeville yesterday, and asked for a 1/2lb of leeches. i was told they can only sell a pound, unless i wanted one of the pre-packaged dozens they had in the cooler. i looked to see if the SKU was removed from the counter, and it was still there. the guy told me that the SKU is inactive...so i told him it should be removed. of course, i got the blank stare.

i'm becoming more convinced that GM wants to sometimes sell 1/2lbs, and other times not...can't tell why, but it must benefit GM is some way.

this is strike two...everyone knows what happens on strike three.

very frustrating!

Were they out of bulk leeches? If not, it is time to Ask to speak to the fishing dept manager, and if no luck there, then ask to speak to the M-O-D (Manager on Duty) and or the chief operations store manager. Go up the ladder.

Explain the situation that other Gander locations in the district do sell them by 1/2 lbs, and ask why this is not available...if indeed it is not for some reason now available in that SKU in Lakeville.

I do understand and appreciate your frustration...I do not understand this 1/2 lb designation problem. As I know for a fact, Gander can sell them that way.

Go up the ladder, it should yield some results quickly.

FYI: At the Fargo Gander we sell them for $14.99 a half pound of Large and $19.99 for 1/2 lb of Jumbo's. And we sell a lot of them! So I would expect that to be the prices, or close to it, in Lakeville too if they sell them in 1/2's. Different stores will have different suppliers, and the price will reflect that.

That's all ya can do bud, and it very well may be effective.

In the end each store has some autonomy on how it sets up such things, so if they are not set up that way...ya may need to ask..nicely...to get it in the system and why you wish it.

We do sell a lot more bulk in Fargo due to the 1/2 lb system, and costumer response indicates it is a much appreciated convenience for the costumer. The resistance to this usually stems from inventory concerns, and we have proven it is a workable system, so I do not see it as a concern.

I may have stuck my neck out a bit too far on this deal, so from now on, it's in your hands...OK.