Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iowaperch44

Crankbaits

6 posts in this topic

I have never fished crankbaits, only live bait for walleyes. Well lately the report around my area has been good for walleyes trolling crankbaits. Well i went out yesterday and bought a nice trolling rod with a reel and line counter. My questions is where do i find info on how deep crankbaits run what speed to use and how much line i have heard there is books but i can not seem to find any.

precision trolling guide-pro edition, should get you going.

Available at most larger outdoor stores.

i write on the bill of the crank what the depth range is with a sharpie marker. it eventually wears off, so i redo every spring before the season.

most of them will show you what they run, either on the box or on the bill of the crank bait. Again, alot of it has to do with how fast you are cranking, and what line you use!

I have both the precision trolling book (prev edition) and a small one from Rapala. Can't remember how I got the rapala one though. Has very similar dive curves to the precision trolling book.