• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Beretta AL390 Silver Mallard Question

I am kind of new to this forum and I was cleaning my Beretta AL390 Silver Mallard shotgun tonight. I noticed that the connecting rod was cracked all the way through on the one side. Which I don't think is good. Do any of you know of a good place to find Beretta shotgun parts around here? It will be very easy to replace, just need the part.

Any help is appreciated!

An online search for the 390 connecting rod will give you a number of options. Not an uncommon occurrence - competitive 390 shooters carry an extra or two connecting rods when the compete in big shoots - they break, doesn't mean it's a weak part, it just happens. Not a difficult job to replace, by the way.

Thanks, guys. I did a search and found the part at Midwest Gun Works HSOforum for $39.00. Has anybody done any business with Midwest Gun Works?

Replacing the part consists of removing a pin and switching the rods and putting the pin back in. Very simple.

I have had the gun for 10 years now, bought it as a gift to myself after completeing my stint in the Air Force. It has been a great gun. Now that they are selling them again, I should buy another. It has been used for pretty much everything including turkey, ducks and clay targets. I started shooting Trap and Skeet a couple of years ago, so it has been used often lately. It will shoot what ever you put into it. A great gun and I want to keep using it for a lot longer.

They are top shelf, brother. Tough to go wrong. If you're looking at another, consider one of the used 'Sporting' models. 28"-30" barrels, and a nice wide rib. Wood tends to be a bit better than typical field guns as well. And, the new 3901 is a real nice model - synthetic stocked version of the 390, with clean lines and the parts all interchange. Great, solid guns.

Yup, a beautiful piece. I am not fond of some of the guns that have come out recently. I like wood on a firearm, not synthetic or whatever they want to call it, it's PLASTIC!

Anyways, sorry for the rant.

Beretta USA is the way to go for parts. Way cheaper then anywhere else. It might take a little longer to get the parts though.

I spoke with an old client of mine, who is a gunsmith and he knows 390s well. He said it is recommended to change out the recoil spring every 1500 shots or so. It is a little more work then changing out the rod. I might do that as well, because I have sent well more then that through this gun.