• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bull heads

jr. borch

I used to live on 9th Ave S right across from Lake George. I would run and walk around it a decent amount. I don't know if I have ever seen anyone fish it though. Its tiny, but I bet if it had any species it would be bullhead! I don't know much about fishing in that area except I used to see people below the dam there catch fish. Mostly Smallies I think.

Brownie or JR.

I have plans to go insane with a seine this week for bullheads. It was just some chatter from last week and this weekend, but if a commitment could be made, we could pick up some major amounts of bullheads between a good group working. I also have seine, waders and one other guy who would like to help out in this. Pretty much ready to go. I also know of some spots we could turn some heads and pull out some bullies. Not far at all from the St. Cloud area. Just a drive east.

E-mail is in my sig if interested. smile

Got a report this weekend from the local neighbor kids that a lake in area has them going like mad right now. No hook or bait needed. They would just drop in a cane pole with line and a hunk of rag tied to the end of the line. Feel the nibble, lift and sling the bullhead over their shoulders on to land. A kid on a bike with a tackle box and fishing pole (cane also) is the best source of info for the local bait and rough fish bite wink

guys we gave it a try and all we got were fatheads and I found out how cold the water is right now holes in my chest waders and right at crotch level. BRR. eek well I needed an excuse for new ones for duck hunting anyways hopefully when it warms a bit they will be back in the shallows and we can get together and get some..

Ya it was fun elwood. Just wish this would have been a hot spot for bullies. If you do not try it you never know.

This spot stunk in more ways than one wink

3609351740_5070a37a7d_o.jpg

You wish it will be full of bullies but nothing but fatheads, small carp and sunnies:

3608544407_3a20d34d99_o.jpg

Get some warmer weather in the next couple days should spark some of the other spots up again.