• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LakeLady custom rods

I would like to welcome LakeLady custom rods as the new sponsor of the Rod Building forum.

Kris Kristufek builds custom rods. Kris can design and build that special rod one is looking for that is beyond your wildest dreams or Kris can also custom build any rod of your liking.

LakeLady Custom Rods may be contacted through their web site at: www. Lakeladyrods.com or email: [email protected] or by phone at 218-562-4512.

Cooter, thanks for the nice words and the inquiry...muskie rods are our speciality. Only top of the line components are used... St. Croix blanks, Fuji guides each underwrapped then spiral wrapped for stability, casting distance and accuracy. 3 coats of rod finish over the wraps. Portuguese burl cork handles to fit your hand and arm. Each rod is balanced to the reel you will use on the outfit. Our rods will out preform any rod you can find anywhere. They all come with a bit of a fancy butt wrap, your name or nickname inscribed, and each has a professional embroidered rod sock to protect the investment. Manufacturers warranties apply, our workmanship is unconditional. Give us a shout, we'd be more than happy to quote a rod as individual as you are.

We are looking forward to a long term relationship with Fishing Minnesota and everybody who participates in the forums.

Welcome Kris. Very nice looking stuff on your site. I noticed the section on bamboo, do you do anything with bamboo blanks? Im in the research stage of building a bamboo. I'd love to build the blank from scratch but nowhere close offers classes...

UpNorth - I contacted that guy you know that builds bamboo. He was super nice and full of info, thanks...

Dark Cloud,I do not have the tools (or time)to plane bamboo, but do have sources to get bamboo blanks that are as perfect as they can be. One could easily spend over 40 hours just to make the strips from a culm. I can get any taper and length necessary, and the cost is reasonable, flamed or plain. The cost for equipment to do bamboo is very high, could run several thousand dollars for good stuff. Unless you are going to get into the business of becoming a bamboo maker and have a lot of time on your hands... purchasing blanks is the way to go.

As for classes, there are a few places around the country that do teach bamboo making. There is a great one in New York, another in Alabama, and certainly there are others too.

The Catskill Flyfishing Museum which is a tad over an hour from me offers a class each year with some top notch builders. It's a week long class and just not in the cards for this year. I'll be in touch about a blank, thanks...