• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The NBA

Raider4ever

I don't think they are fixed to the point where the powers that be decide that the winning team needs to win by x number of points, but there is no doubt that certain players with star power are going to get the benefit of doubt on calls and certain teams are going to be given ever opportunity to win any given game.

I like Lebron but that foul at the end of regulation was a classic case where if it would have been the other guy driving on Lebron for the game tying attempt, it would have been a no call or possibly even an offensive foul.

It's been this way for a long time. I remember Jordan in his prime hacking who he was defending to the point where if it had been done by some shmuck out on the street, he may have been charged with assault but no foul called and then when Jordan had the ball if the guy so much as looked at him wrong if MJ missed his shot, the refs would blow the whistle. I also remember how Shaq in his early years with the Magic couldn't defend those hacks that the Bulls had for centers but all of a sudden he becomes a Laker and a prime time team and all of a sudden he wasn't in foul trouble all the time. The list of star power players and teams that benefit from it has always been a problem with the NBA and I don't suspect it will change any time soon.

As a long time avid Chicago Bulls fan I can say with absolute certainty that I have no idea what you guys are reffering to when you say that Michael Jordan ever got calls that he did not deserve! LOL

(insert tongue in cheek here)

GO Magic, overthrow the King!

Windy

WCW,

MJ don't count. He was fouled every time they blew the whistle. No doubt about it. Been watching MJ since his Freshman year at UNC. Been on the Bulls wagon since the Portland Morons drafted Sam Bowie. Marvelous personnel move. Wasn't this same squad that drafted LaRue Martin 1st overall?