• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A Northern Shoveler.

I went out to hunt down some elusive wood ducks today and did not find any male woodies so I settled for this stange looking character. I have never seen one of these in this particular area and today I saw at least a dozen mating pairs or more over a 20 square mile area in Nelson and Grand Forks COunty.

These were shot handheld with my 100-400L IS USM from the window of my vehicle.

112917726.jpg

112917724.jpg

from your vehicle? we'll aren't you the lucky one! I have taken a few shots from my truck, but always feel like I'm cheating or something,, to get really good shots I am thinking I should be in a hide someplace... you done good!!!

I tried to get out, but they were a little spooky so I would usually shut off the ignition on the exploder then roll down the hill in neutral to 'neek up on them