• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Odds & ends...

Catmendo

Here's a cross-section I shot the other day...

A female green-wing teal taking a shower...

IMG_8126-1.png

A rear view of a male meadow-lark. Not sure what exactly his was trying to accomplish by posing like this but it looks kinda cool anyways!

IMG_8052.jpg

A Palm Warbler.

IMG_7833-1.png

Now you tell me, was this massive pelican laughing or merely yawning in the morning sun?

IMG_7782-1.png

Ma & Pa and the little ones!

IMG_7785-2-1.png

Red-wing in for a perfect landing.

IMG_8132-1.png

Meadow-lark.

IMG_8086-1.png

IMG_8039.png

Drake Canvasback.

IMG_8177-1.png

...and an ovenbird.

IMG_8167-1.png

Love the pelican! That is a view you do not see very often. Looks to me like he's laughing. grin

Your last bird looks a lot like one that X-tackelman posted yesterday. Is it a Swainson's Thrush as well? The Swainson's Thrush and the Ovenbird have a lot of similarities, which is why I ask. Either way, it is beautiful with the reflection!

Love the pelican!!! Was it taken on Sunday? Maybe he is looking for manna from heaven. Or preachin' to the flock. I wonder is Fishinchicks isn't right on the oven bird/thrush id, but the photo is lovely. The last meadowlark is really nice, too, but the pelican is priceless.

Love the pelican! That is a view you do not see very often. Looks to me like he's laughing. grin

Your last bird looks a lot like one that X-tackelman posted yesterday. Is it a Swainson's Thrush as well? The Swainson's Thrush and the Ovenbird have a lot of similarities, which is why I ask. Either way, it is beautiful with the reflection!

I did some serious research on that possibility however I came away going with the Overbird based on my findings. There is however a lot of similarities! Here's a Swainson, notice ther's no yellow around the mouth and also the color of the legs...

IMG_3698-1.jpg

Stu, you have amazed me with your images you post on here! I can't even begin to respond to these terrific shots!! I wish I had more time to sit and learn from your ID of birds, and your technique to capture such rewarding imgages!! they are all so terrific!!!!