• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat Repair

brainard6

I have been looking to buy a boat. I seen a 2025 Pro V I like but it has some repair for that I would like to be done on it. The hall has some creases in it and also the side looks like it hit something. For what I have seen it looks like maybe the boat was washed up to the shore.

Now my question is...is it worth buying a boat like this and paying someone to fix it. If there is a fix to it, or would you skip by this boat. What kind of business would work on a boat is this condition?

I havent figured out how to attached photo else I would have attached them to give you more of an idea on what im talking about.

brainard6, I'd presume that you're located near Brainerd MN? If I'm not mistaken, there's a boat repair shop just to the south of Brainerd, you might be able to get an estimate if you can get the boat for a couple hours. Without seeing it, I personally would be leary if the hull is damaged as there could be underlying damages/ leaks that an experienced repairman could have run into previously. Otherwise...I'd look elsewhere, IMHO. Phred52

Here's what I would do if you are seriously concidering it. I would take it into a shop before you buy it and get an estimate. See what the boat is worth blue book. Take the quote and the price the guy wants for it. If it's more than the blue book, then no deal. If it's less, I would consider it. Some of these damaged boats can be a real pain in the butt though as you never know the full extent of the damage.

Not sure how bad they are on the boat but my 99 Nitro had some creases in the Fiberglass when I bought it. I was concerned a bit but I was getting the boat for a good price. Mine haven't gotten any worse and this will be my 7th summer on the boat.

I understand its hard to give a answer on my question with out seeing the pictures I have. I just dont know how to post them. Thanks to you all that responded. I will take that advise I got and run with it.

Brainard if you need help posting pics there is a thread here in the photography forum that walks you through the porcess. If that doesn't work you can send them to me at cakrull @ yahoo.com and I would be happy to post them for you.

lol, use this link instead. You got a double "http://" in there. wink

Photo Upload Link