Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
New2TheFly

Broken rod tip

9 posts in this topic

I foolishly broke off the tip of my rod yesterday. I purchased the rod at Cabelas over a year ago and have no receipt, but they probably don't replace rods broken by clumsy users anyway. Is there any way to reattach the tip or am I out of luck? Any advise is appreciated guys.

Brian

It's worth calling Cabela's and see what they say. There are shops that can replace broken rod tips.

How far doen did you break it??

You can probably fix it yourself if Cabela's won't replace it for you. Go to a tackle shop and get a tip top that will fit over the blank and hot glue it back in place or use some two part epoxy.

I would ask Cabela's if they cover it. Worst case they can say no. Best case you get a new rod. It's always worth a try.

I don't think 2-3 inches is beyond repair. I also think I try to put a new one on yhourself. I've done it a few times and found that slipping a short piece of "Shrink wrap" before gluing the new one on then slip the heat shrink over the glued tip and a inch or so on the rod.

Hey guys, good tip starting with Cabelas, I swung in yesterday. The guys in the rod department said the rod discontinued in 2006 and only had a 2 year warranty. I told him, truthfully, that I had purchased the rod less than 2 years ago but no longer had a receipt . They ended up swapping out my 2006 Tourney Trail for a brand new 2009 model. Keep those receipts in a careful place!

Glad to hear they treated you well.

That's Cabela's for you. They know how to keep customers coming back.