Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Walters

MN Archery Turkey?

The way I interpret the regulations, I can buy an over the counter archery turkey license (Spring/Fall) if the zone has 50 or more permits. I didn't get into the lottery and would like to take one with the bow.

You had to apply to be able to purchase an over the counter

I think that is for the non-archery over the counter (leftover) permits.

For the archery permits for the last two times lots, he should be able to buy one.

Cheetah is correct. You can buy OTC for archery. Tag is good for the entire last two seasons.

Josh, you been out yet? I start Wednesday.

You had to apply to be able to purchase an over the counter

That used to be true. Now however, the surplus lottery tags go on sale to non-winners that applied to the lottery on a certain day and time. Then about 2 weeks later, the remaining surplus tags become available to anyone, whether you applied to the lottery or not. So, even if you don't apply to the lottery, you can still get a surplus tag but you get a shot after the guys that applied and didn't get drawn get their shot.

The archery tags can be purchased at any time, you don't have to designate a zone you plan to hunt in, so you are free to hunt in any zone you choose with 50 tags/season during the last 14 days (seasons G and H). So one day you could hunt in 236 and the next day hunt in 227, and so on.

Good luck, go stick one.

Thanks for all the help guys. Hopefully I can arrow the the big boy with the beard dragging on the ground.

Just remember dont shoot low it is all meat and no vitals the heart lungs are all located just behind the wing joint below the spine. Hope you get one in full strut it is fun watching them deflate like a baloon when the arrow hits home.

I was going to get the Gobbler Guilliotine broadheads and aim for the neck or head. Is that a good idea or should I just use a regular broadhead and aim behind the wing joint?

Be aware that the Guilliotine needs special arrows and fletching to keep that big head stabilized. Personally I would stick to your regular bowhunting set up and go for the body shot.

I use a large expandable broadhead and have had very good luck.

hit em high and watch em die

hit em low and watch em go

draw a horizontal line from where beard enters body and dont go below it

Head shot not bad if you can get em close enough, need a blind and have a 10 yard pin

Hip shots put the bird down but most of the time it will not kill them because their are no vitals in the back half of the bird it's like shooting a deer in the hindquarter just because it cant run as fast.

Also with the gilloutine style heads if you read the regulations it says all feathers head and feet must remain on the bird until registration,not saying it will be enforced but it is the law.