• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MN Archery Turkey?

Walters

The way I interpret the regulations, I can buy an over the counter archery turkey license (Spring/Fall) if the zone has 50 or more permits. I didn't get into the lottery and would like to take one with the bow.

You had to apply to be able to purchase an over the counter

I think that is for the non-archery over the counter (leftover) permits.

For the archery permits for the last two times lots, he should be able to buy one.

Cheetah is correct. You can buy OTC for archery. Tag is good for the entire last two seasons.

Josh, you been out yet? I start Wednesday.

You had to apply to be able to purchase an over the counter

That used to be true. Now however, the surplus lottery tags go on sale to non-winners that applied to the lottery on a certain day and time. Then about 2 weeks later, the remaining surplus tags become available to anyone, whether you applied to the lottery or not. So, even if you don't apply to the lottery, you can still get a surplus tag but you get a shot after the guys that applied and didn't get drawn get their shot.

The archery tags can be purchased at any time, you don't have to designate a zone you plan to hunt in, so you are free to hunt in any zone you choose with 50 tags/season during the last 14 days (seasons G and H). So one day you could hunt in 236 and the next day hunt in 227, and so on.

Good luck, go stick one.

Just remember dont shoot low it is all meat and no vitals the heart lungs are all located just behind the wing joint below the spine. Hope you get one in full strut it is fun watching them deflate like a baloon when the arrow hits home.

I was going to get the Gobbler Guilliotine broadheads and aim for the neck or head. Is that a good idea or should I just use a regular broadhead and aim behind the wing joint?

Be aware that the Guilliotine needs special arrows and fletching to keep that big head stabilized. Personally I would stick to your regular bowhunting set up and go for the body shot.

I use a large expandable broadhead and have had very good luck.

hit em high and watch em die

hit em low and watch em go

draw a horizontal line from where beard enters body and dont go below it

Head shot not bad if you can get em close enough, need a blind and have a 10 yard pin