• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Used boat motor hours

SStracker

Thats a tough one. I have a 07 LUND and it has 74.2 hours. Now that seems like not alot of hours for fishing.

I fish many days a week throughout the summer and it is typically by trolling and anchored so my motor will not have many hours on it at all.

Are you looking a fishing boat or a play boat for sking or tubing? Makes a big difference in avg hours.

Not being a boat mechanic but a certified fire truck mechanic, i would say if they have been maintained, those are low hours. Now I would suspect the same rule applies that if they were used balls to the walls non stop or idled for several hours you may want to look deeper. I would however look at a motor in the range you discuss as broken in. If you can find the mfg and model on the mfg site, look and see what they consider a break in as. I know that this is not a ton of help but my quads have less than 200 hrs on them and i consider them just like new. hope that some of the info helps. If you purchase one, my suggestion would be to service it and replace with full synthetic oil if possible. I am a fan of Amsoil but all of them are great. Look for unusual pry marks stains and other visible things that might indicate a problem. good luck

Those sound like low to normal hours to me. I have a 2006 Opti that has about 150 hours on it ....... I only use the Opti for cruising, not for fishing ....... I hate to think how many hours are on my kicker and electric motors.......