• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bait for bait

catfishkid

Every year I always forget to catch nightcrawlers.Then later when I want to catch some bullies I have to go buy them. With all the rain we are getting it is a good time to build up a nice supply. It only takes a few minutes a night to get a few dozen. You can put them in one of those crawler boxes with bedding that they sell at all the stores. They last a very long in those containers and then you don't have to spend two to three dollars an dozen each time you need bait.I hope this will refresh your memory to get bait for bait. I finally remembered this year.

good luck fishing everybody.

I am surprised I haven't seen a mass crawling around my place. I don't think I have healthy enough soil to have a healthy population, but I bet I could make a killing, so to speak, across the street at the grave yard. I have occasionally seen crawlers in the yard, but they may have been some extras I've released.

Hard to believe the DNR when they say crawlers are not native to Minnesota.

you can get the same effect as rain just water your lawn over the day and go out with a covered lens flash light you'll still get plenty that is how i have always done them

I lived with a girl whose son would take the garden hose and use it to blast a hole in the ground. He'd then let the water run for ten minutes and those suckers would strat popping up on a 90 degree sunny day. I think the key was the yard was full of them because we lived down hill from a golf course.