• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2001 seasons set

GullGuide

It's close to that time of year again!
Here is a news release taken from the MNDNR-

SMALL GAME
General small game, including grouse,gray partridge, rabbits and squirrels Sept. 15
Pheasant Oct. 13
Spring wild turkey (first season) April 18
Fall wild turkey (first season) Oct. 17
BIG GAME
Bear Aug. 22
Deer - archery Sept. 15
Deer - firearms Nov. 3
Deer - muzzleloader Nov. 24
Moose - northeast zone Sept. 29
FURBEARERS
Fox, raccoon Open continuously
Mink, muskrat, beaver, otter (no zones) Oct. 27
Fisher, marten, bobcat (to be announced)
MIGRATORY BIRDS
Early Canada goose Sept. 1
Youth Waterfowl Day (to be announced)
General duck and goose Sept. 29 (tentative)
Rails, snipe Sept. 1
Woodcock Sept. 22
Crow March 1-31 and July 15-Oct. 15
>"////=<

40 days til early goose, then archery deer shortly after that! Starting to look at my to-do list with the thought of what absolutely has to be done before hunting season and what can slide. Looking at a new bow, trying to decide if I should get some more goose decoys, planning on getting out and beating on some doors next weekend to get archery permission - I'm getting pumped!

I truely can't think of anything in the outdoors that makes me happier than sitting with Bud(chocolate lab) and watching the sun rise over the dekes. I love fishin', but when a bird sets its wings and is heading for the decoys, I get, well I can't explain it. Waterfowl hunting is a true passion for me. You guys are bringing up some emotions that I put away for the year. I'm thinking OK, put line on new dekes, touch up paint on goose shells, get some floater geese bought. I better get ready.

yeah, i'm as excited as ever this year too. I am only 17, and was just wondering what requirements are needed to hunt the early goose season. If i have a small game license and a federal duck stamp, what elso do i need to hunt the early season (which starts on sept. 1)? Do i just have to buy a early season license that costs $5 ? Please reply with some info. thanks everyone.

Any dates set on Game Fair and Prairie Pothole Days. I'll be there trying to win with some sweet chocolate labs. Sure glad they didn't move the duck opener up. Fiance wanted a fall wedding so I gave in on the second weekend of bowhunting. I would have given in on Sat. opener if they had moved the season up but think she would have gotten the clue when we got to our room and the waders were hanging from the door?