• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bass fishing

My partner and I are planning a trip to someplace in southern WI for a couple days in early May for some bass fishing. We're finding it hard to choose the lake(s) we want to fish. We are strictly catch and release and it is sort of a one time deal just for kicks but we get our kicks from catching big bass. Numbers would be fun but we just want to get a shot at a hog. Does anyone have any ideas as to where we could go to up our odds at catching some truly big bass?

Mendota (Madison) has a very good smallmouth population. There are many places to try on this lake and if I were you I would look up DS Bait and ask where to try. There are a lot of bass in Indian Lake but it is very small and electric motor only. I have heard there are some big bass in Devil's lake (Baraboo area) also; a local diver said they followed him around like dogs. However they have a lot of big rocks to hide in there. Devil's lake is also elec. motors only and requires a state park pass.

I've never posted & never fished Wissconsin. Could use some tips (at least on the latter) Meeting my son in Madison in a couple of weeks. We've been fishing Canada the past few yrs. -w- great success. Hooked for life on setting the hook on your northern fighting fish! I'm hoping to target smallies & please let me catch large northern.We've become accustom to the looming presence of muskie,last yr. my son caught a 44" . Here's my question, Where should I take him starting from Madison.Remembering that I'm using 17' fiberglass boat.Like to use our bait casters. Any knowlegable addvice would be much appriciated.Dont want to afford a guide.