• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What a birddog!

mistermom

Hola!
Daisy, my 8 month old gsp mauled and molested a baby robin today. I tried to get her off it; but it was to late.

So in disgust I tried to chuck the bird over the fence but came up short. Daisy immediately ran grabbed the bird and brought it back to me...... Sooooo I ended throwing it a couple more times. I figured a training opportunity is a training opportunity. Daisy is good on Robins!

mm

You may be glad to know your pup isn't the only one. My GSP pup got a grackle in the lake this weekend and took it out. She points any dickie bird in the yard with style and intensity too. Bring on the game birds!!!

My Lab loves all birds especially Morning Doves. Although she will have nothing to do with Pigions.

My wife is not thrilled with the fact that the birds no longer come in to the yard.

Get some pigeons in a cage guys!! I have four that I alternate for my seven month old lab - she loves them!! I give her about 3 tosses into the grass, then back into the cage. Now I'm starting to give the pigeons a few minutes to walk around and leave a trail The pigeons were all grey, so to keep from using the same one over and over, I got some spray paint out, one now has a John Deere green stripe and the other a John Deere yellow stripe. Hopefully these birds will last til we can start going after some ducks. I'm even thinking real seriously about going after some doves when that opens, good retrieving training, good sitting still in the blind training, good practice for the guy behind the gun.

Pups are fun!