• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

RIDING LAWNMOWER

jonnyICE-MAN

Well I've finally purchased a house and in need of a lawnmower. Just looking for some input on what brand/size to get. It's just under an acre of land with slopes in the yard, and a few trees. I don't have alot to spend on one but am going to need one soon so any input would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

you are going to get about as many opinions on this question as one would regarding calibers and rifle choices. I've owned craftsman mowers for 3 decades. They have a wide range of choices. But, for your area I'd think a 42 inch cut would do you well. Sears models are fairly inexpensive for what you are getting. Personally, I prefer the Briggs engines as they are the engines we have at my golf course. What I don't like about them is that thier arbors on the spindles are a exclusive design and can only replace the blades with Sears brand and are alittle spendy UNLESS you can find a automotive parts store that carrys them. I can get mine from golf course mower parts company or an auto parts store that happens to carry them. Both places are 1/2 prices of off the shelf ones.

March 28th, west of New Prague, there's going to be a very large turf equipment auction.

There are about 40 John Deere riders listed, it looks like a dealership that has gone out of business, as there are some mid-sized tractors, as well as commercial equipment.

There's usually alot of commercial equipment there, it'll go "cheap". As with any auction, some things may go almost free, some may go for new price.