• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flathead Catfish Photo Gallery

HotPocket

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope Ryan nothing new for me my boat is down and so am I just pulled the motor off the boat and gonna start a rebuild soon now I have to do that 4 letter word, work again so I hope I can get my other boat going by the weekend waiting for parts for that one as well.

Thanks! I was fishing by myself, and just couldnt get a good picture, and I just gave up, as I didnt want to keep the fish out of the water to long. I do have about 10 pictures of its tail, the clouds, the side of my boat, and a couple of me with half the fish. Kinda sucks that with my largest, I didnt end up with a very good picture to keep.

these flats just keep getting bigger. did anyone catch one at 50 inches last year? I check this forum regularily (even though i've never wet a line for a flat in my life) and don't recall any 50 inchers caught last year although i remember quite a few high 40's. Awesome that they're growing and awesome fish.

I had the same problem with my largest musky. I was by myself and couldn't get a great picture. Took one put her in the water then took another and put her back and she swam strong. I figured it was worth a shot. Oh well though like Minnesnowta said, the memory is really what counts and having any picture at all just makes it that much sweeter.

Here is my sisters first ever flathead and by far the largest fish she has ever caught before this it was like a 21in northern. She reads in this forum all the time and is always saying she cant believe the size of the cats you guys catch. I know its hard to tell or even guess without measurement but to me the fish seems bigger then the scale said so help me out with some guessing. I got another pic if you thnk you need a better one

38187_413599165717_693500717_513079.jpg

Yah it came out at 32. I have yet to catch one over 30 myself. In fact that is the first one over 30 I have seen but have seen 28-29 It just seemed so much larger 3-4 pounds differance. Oh well still a big fish and was fun. It was also the first time she ever held a fish but that was the limit couldnt get her to kiss it laugh