• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My bobber is down.

Saw some others on here with memorials and tributes to loved ones lost I thought I would as well.

I lost my neighbor, my best friend and who I considered my second Dad to cancer on 3/2/08. His name was Duane Allen Meyer and he was 53 years old. He taught me everything I know about ice fishing and more than a few things about life as well. The first fish I ever caught through the ice was with him and my thoughts are with him every time I'm on the ice. Here are a couple photos I will try to post more I'm sure.

I don't know if he was ever on this site but I know he would have enjoyed it a lot. Here is to you Duane.

004.jpg

003.jpg

This is a photo of me and my niece outside his fish house.

037.jpg

And a Pic of me on his Ice Ride. Those 3 lights in the background is his house.

476.jpg

With Love

Your neighbor, your friend, your other son

Todd

P.S. Your wife and I are still trying to finish your Brandy. Thank you for all the memories. Till we meet again have a drink on me.

I recently found out that the fish house pictured sold at auction for $1200 bucks. He paid more than that just for the frame.

Sorry buddy it was out of my hands to try and sell. I know I could have found someone to pay more than that for it.