• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Secret Word?

FishinChad

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. No entries for this week. I didn't get out but I figured someone else would. I'm trapped indoors this weekend again, but have hopes to get away next weekend.

Let's see if things pick up this weekend. The secret word is

FinalIceFrenzy!

Good luck!

Go for it, open and ice entries are all welcome. Madison and Tetonka are open and should have fish near spots you last found them during late ice. Our northern MN friends should still have ice for at least another week, if not 2. What a huge difference 100 miles of latitude makes.

Since I'll probably forget tomorrow, this weekend's secret word is Prime Time

Get your kicks in now, get out and get after them. Next week there won't be a secret word with the holiday landing on the weekend.

Saw some nice bluegills today on a SC MN lake. Also saw some fat pike. It varies from lake to lake, but in this lake a good chunk of the pike spawn is done despite the cool water temperatures.

It's getting to be a busy time of year with maple syrup collecting, morels and turkey around the corner, and loads of river fishing heating up, but if you can sneak away and share some of your highlights its always appreciated...Sometimes its helpful to see how fish locations are progressing as our water temperatures warm up.

Keep fishing hard.

I did get a couple "Prime Time" crappies 12-13 inches two weeks ago but am still waiting for a buddy to email me the pics. Too late I guess.

Seems like our contest has died off a little. I still have to send some jigs from our first week to OTBasser.

If there is some more interest, maybe we can get something going now that most of the state is experiencing open water.

Im ready we have been pulling some monster gills out and some decent crappies. I want to participate no matter what but I think we might get more people interested if there was some kind of incentive. Maybe there is someone or organization that has tackle or something they are willing to donate as a prize, or possibly a free member ship for a certain time period for the VIP forum. I don't know maybe someone else can come up with some ideas. FM decals or gear? I don't know but I know we can figure it out. Im ready to participate no mater what.

We've got the Go-Ahead to offer a free membership to the HSO club with all its privileges to whomever wins. It would be nice to see a lot of participation; it is after all spring and the walleye opener is four weeks away so seeing some nice bluegills and crappies would be nice.

Let's continue with the secret word contest over the next month but we'll change it up a little; anyone can enter a fish and all are eligible to win. Participants need not measure the fish, they only need a photo while holding the fish with a sign or piece of paper that says HotSpotOutdoors or you can use the HSO logo (see below).

Anyone can win, no matter the size of the fish. Anyone who submits a photo with the secret word will be entered into a drawing for a membership into the HSO club where you can receive access to HSO Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Forum where only subscribers, guides, pro's & staff have access. You would also get Private Message Capability by which you can PM hunting & fishing guides and staff.

Give it a shot, you've got nothing to lose and much to gain. Show me some fish pictures FMers and show that "we have more fun."

11 incher from today, not huge, but the best one I caught today.

1000725r.jpg

And, Since I forgot my tripod, here's the best I could do without my tripod, or a second person.

1000726g.jpg

Now insert your comment about my "clown shoes" now.

laugh

Congrats BSG, you're our winner...you really got out there and got on top of those crappies before the opener. Check your inbox and we'll get you set up to take a peek in the HSO club.

Sounds good DaChise. Thanks again for the opportunity to take part in something like this. Would have like to see some others take part in this, but that's how it goes.

Thanks Again,

Brad