• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hauling a boat behind a fifthwheel

DRH1175

Excellent tip there. I have to add you DO HAVE to have extended mirrors or towing mirrors on your truck to be able to see past the side of the trailer. Many 3/4tons and up have it standard, but you can buy some less expensive add-on CIPA.

Wish-I-Were-Fishn I can guarantee you you will change your mind during the first 50 miles.

At the begin the stress level will be so high you will want not to do it again. Then when you get acquainted with the rig you will be more relaxed.

Another tip: put on a reciever hitch you can pull the ball off so nobodies smacken their legs on coming around the backside of camper. Don't just U-bolt onto the bumper, bolt it or weld to frame of camper. Even at that, check it frequently as camper frames aren't that heavy duty. Other than the sweat beads rollin down your forhead the first time out, it's a great way to get all your gear in one trip.

Check the trailer frame to make sure that it is rated to be able to tow with it. Don't just assume that you can tow from your fifth wheel trailer, and I also believe that your hitch has to be permanent to the trailer frame, either bolted or welded as mentioned by heat checker.