• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing Minnesota Winter Archery League?

I'm thinking about signing up for the archery league at Gander Mountain in Forest Lake that start Jan. 11. Has anyone on this site shot in that league before. Just curious on what to expect. Thanks, Jim

I shot the 5 spot league at Gander in Forest Lake last year... very nice people there and we had a lot of fun.. I did not suoot the hunter league.. I hear they are doing it a bit different this year than last.. with full 3D targets this year.

299 wow, impressive.. bet that 1 arrow really got under your skin.. did you missit early in the round or late?.. I shot 2 practice games(40 arrows) and shot 17 X in the first 20 arrows and managed 19X out of 20 the second 20 arrows.. but I was deffinatly getting tired.. need to get back in target shape...

I was all gungho about this idea when it first came up. Then I went to the local shop that had leagues and about dropped my jaw on the price to be in one. About $7-8 a week just to shoot! Over a 3-4 month period, that is a lot of money.

Don't get me wrong, I love archery, as I just got into it. BUT for the money, um...pretty $$ I thought.

IS this a normal charge?

8 bucks is normal. 5 for the lane and 3 into the kitty for prizes and banquet at the end of the year. I think bowling is about the same. we shoot 20 weeks at mikes archery. long but fun. Ex I shot a 4 the first game. didn't bug me cuz I have been away from spots for a couple years. just getting back into it. x count was fair but I have a ways to go to get back to where I was 3 years ago.

BRK-many places will offer a season pass, and if you go that route you can save a little money.. but yes it can get a bit expensive. At Gander where I shoot its $5 a night unless you have the pass. I think the Pass is $100... but not sure.

eyeguy. Its probably best that you got that 4 early, probably calmed you down a bit. Sounds like you will be back to the old ways quickly. its just like riding a bike.. LOL

Well I got in to this because of a new friend I met on here. Shooting at Gander in Forest. Hope to do well as I got a new bow and set up just for the ocassion and to get a deer/bear this year too. We have shot a couple of times and hope to test the waters on the 11th. Anyone else shooting there?? Thurs. at 7:30??

Deitz,there's a spot league at St. Croix Outdoors in St. Croix Falls. I used to shoot animal and spot leagues there and it's a nice place to shoot. I shoot traditional now and really like it and wish I could find or start a traditional league near here.