• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pope and Young Museum

Bogsucker

Pope and Young Museum opens in Chatfield, MN this Saturday.

10am Dedication Ceremony and Ribbon Cutting

11am - 5pm Open to the Public - Tour the Museum

4pm Drawing for 2004 Museum Raffle (Elk and Mule Deer combination hunt in Montana)

From their HSOforum:

"The Pope and Young Club / St. Charles Museum of Bowhunting has a mission to increase the awareness and appreciation of North America's bowhunting heritage and history. The Museum features a maze of exhibits showing the evolution and resurgence of bowhunting over the last century. It is highlighted by five dioramas depicts scenes with Ishi, Saxton Pope, Arthur Young, Fred Bear and Glenn St. Charles. The museum also includes the largest and most complete broadhead collection available for public viewing anywhere, over 550 longbows and recurves, representative examples of North American big game species, and much more."

After missing the big brother of the 8 pointer I let pass opening morning I thought I better stop by the new museum for some inspiration.

They have a very nice display of dioramas such as this one depicting the pioneers(Pope, Young, Hill, Bear, St. Charles) of modern archery and bowhunting. They also have an incredible collection of traditional archery equipment. If you are ever in the area make sure to visit the museum!!!

47b4ce23b3127cceb796222370600000001610

[This message has been edited by Bogsucker (edited 10-02-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Bogsucker (edited 10-02-2004).]

Is there a maximum let-off that they allow to qualify for the book? Seems like all the bows they sell these days have up to 75% let off which I think would be too much. Does that mean if you shoot a monster with one of these bows you cannot submit for P&Y?