• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I need a good used kayak

A recent search for kayaks on craigs list will come back with more "wanted" posts than kayaks for sale. The demand for used kayaks is pretty high. If you want a cheap kayak that is 12-feet or less in length, you will be competing with a ton of people.

We finally just purchased new kayaks this weekend. Sportsmans Warehouse in Woodbury just marked them down 20% for their liquidation sale. Good luck!

Its the wrong time of the year now, but last october I went to REI in Bloomington and bought a used rental boat for 150 bucks that retailed for over 300. I think they only sell their rental boats in the fall though. It wouldnt hurt to call the rental center at REI and see if they are getting rid of any more.

check out the upcoming auction at Midwest Mountaineering. They're having their annual kayak and canoe auction, and you can usually find some decent deals.

Plus they're a lot of fun to attend. Check out their HSOforum for more info, but I think the auction is the weekend of the 25th.