• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

05-07 mxzx 800?

Tyler23

440s that arent revalved are not great trail sleds. An xrs would be a better fit for all around everything if you want the benefit of something thats a bit more ridgid than an x.

I have rode 1000's of miles on the mxzx race chasis with the original valving. Guys that dont ride them hard enough think its to stiff. I personally love it, but I spent years racing snocross and enjoy a suspension that will not bottom out. You can not set up a consumer model sled hard enough to handle a rough ditch or trail.

I ride hard as well (as speeding tickets would indicate) and for the trails around here (which are usually very smooth compared to about anywhere else in the midwest)I've found that when I switch off to a 440 chassis and get right back on another sled that I notice the ride is much more comfortable on a non-440 chassis sled. That especially goes for the avg. rider. Now if I lived in the UP and rode weekend evenings only, I probably would like a 440 type chassis with the stock shock settings. That being said after seeing a few buddies that ride revs, have to tear apart their sleds and replace nuns, I wouldnt ever want to own a standard rev model.

well i do alot of ditch banging and i like to jump but every once i awhile i hit the trails for a little bit. i dont really care for trails unless im on the other side of 100mph. they just dont appeal to me crusing through the woods doing 40mph. i really want a XRS but there wayyy to much money for right now since i got college to pay for soon. but the 440's seem pretty reasonable for a good trail converted one? but my other question is are they alot of up keep even with oil injection and tempaflow??? i dont mind working on them but i dont wanna have to dink around with it all day just so it runs good.

I ride hard as well (as speeding tickets would indicate) and for the trails around here (which are usually very smooth compared to about anywhere else in the midwest)I've found that when I switch off to a 440 chassis and get right back on another sled that I notice the ride is much more comfortable on a non-440 chassis sled. That especially goes for the avg. rider. Now if I lived in the UP and rode weekend evenings only, I probably would like a 440 type chassis with the stock shock settings. That being said after seeing a few buddies that ride revs, have to tear apart their sleds and replace nuns, I wouldnt ever want to own a standard rev model.

speeding tickets doesnt mean you ride hard. just fast and thats easy to do on a groomed trail. i think your idea of riding hard and mine are completely different???

well i do alot of ditch banging and i like to jump but every once i awhile i hit the trails for a little bit. i dont really care for trails unless im on the other side of 100mph. they just dont appeal to me crusing through the woods doing 40mph. i really want a XRS but there wayyy to much money for right now since i got college to pay for soon. but the 440's seem pretty reasonable for a good trail converted one? but my other question is are they alot of up keep even with oil injection and tempaflow??? i dont mind working on them but i dont wanna have to dink around with it all day just so it runs good.

With tempaflow you will be set once you get the right set of jets. I premixed my 440 even on the trail. I ran my 04 440 mxzx for 6000 miles with no issues at all beside routine maintenance. Now I have the same 04 chasis with a 800 motor in it. I left the stock valving because I enjoy ditch banging and doing laps on snocross tracks. It is fine on the trails when I have to ride them. It does help to have some mechanical knowledge if your going to own a 440. You should be able to get one for $3500

a 440 with a 800 must be nuts! that would be alot of fun. well i have a shop at my house, i dont know alot about sleds but im learning. first thing though before getting a dif sled is i gotta get rid of my other sled a 2003 mxz 600ho. hopefully someone will buy it. i just want more suspension. i would like atleast a 05 or 04 440 whats one of them in good shape worth. i like my stuff to look nice, so i wont buy anything thats been beat!