• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow pack- like a backpack that carries my bow

Scoot

I'm looking for something a little odd- I want something like a backpack, but rather than carrying my junk, I'd like to be able to secure my bow to my back with it so that I can belly crawl without having to carry my bow in one hand. Belly crawling is tough with two good hands, but it's really tough with a bow out in front of you. Anyone know of a product that will let you attach your bow to your back securely? I've seen several bow slings, but I don't think any of the ones I've seen would work as they simply hold your bow loosely over your shoulder. One last thing- I need something that will allow me to take my bow off my back without making any/very little noise- no velcro straps to tear off!
Thanks!

------------------
Scoot

So I got dat goin’ for me… which is nice.

Don't know if they have exactly what you are looking, but try Granite Gear in Two Harbors. I know they sell packs that you can attach ski's to for hiking up mountains.
Maybe they can custom make something for you. Post results if they come up with something!

There are only a few out there built specifically for holding a bow. However, they range in the $300 price range.

I use a $30 pack and do the same thing using the attached compressions straps at the top to wrap around the bow string and two very small bungee cords to hold the bottom (would actually be by the sight area) to keep the bow from being able to flop around.

Ive attached buckles to my climbing tree stand so that when I am packing that in, my back pack attaches directly to the stand on my back leaving both my hands free as well for traversing in some of dificult areas that I like to go.