• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sled Ride on Saturday

titelines

Put on about 160 miles on Saturday. Took off from Brook Park, rode through the forests, St. Croix State Park, up to Askov, down to Sandstone and Banning State Park before taking the Munger back down through Hinckley and back home.

Lots of fun, but almost too hot. Had to open up the jacket and air cool myself a couple times. Trails were pretty good through the first 1/2, then turned a bit sloppy and brown. Munger was in good shape, if not a bit bumpy.

Great day. We could use a couple more good dumpings to get the trails back in shape.

I had a great ride as well. I took off from St. Croix falls, Wi., headed a bit east, then doubled back, going north to just shy of Grantsburg. At that point I had 80 miles under my belt and I was beginning to "feel it" and decided to head back to the truck. I had every intention of putting on 150 miles, but this was my third ride since buying the "new" sled and I'm not yet in riding shape. The trails were excellent. I got out early and didn't really see anyone else until well into my ride. It was a beautiful day. Indeed we do need a couple of good snowfalls to get everything back in shape.

We went out near little falls and put on 80 miles on sat. I was drenched with sweat and using only light riding clothing. The trails were down to the mud by the time we came back. With the hard freeze and no snow the goomers will have nothing to work with. I'm glad we got out, it was a blast. I would guess around lunchtime there were 100 sleds parked infront of the fort.

IMG_1850.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

i like the pic all ski dooooooooooos cooooooooool

600 mxz here to iwas down around lake alex trail werent to bad

i live up here in brainerd trails still pretty good in the woods where sun dont get to them

i 've been riding with gf most of the winter could use some harder riders if you guys lookin for another rider

i'm thinkin bout going to the viking on mille lacs sat