• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SCI I'll be heading out to the Brule (Big Lake) in about a half hour. Up untill the last couple nights I've been doing good at night with the lake run Browns.I mostly use different types of surface lures and fish them real slow. Most of my fish have been in the 24-26in range with the largest being just shy of 29in.

------------------
HOOK-UM

It's a little late for the weekend report but my girlfriend and I went out at big lake last fri night-we didn't hook any but there were some jumping about and we saw a 24" and a 27" get caught on the fly. Thanks amillion for showing me the ropes Poutslayer, hope we can hook up again, I'm gonna try again next thurs sept 16 so give me a shout if interested. Saturday we floated from stones bridge to town and it took us 7 hours. All I can say wow, what a beautiful river! The upper streches had lots of little trout (3-4 inchers) and I wish I would have had my fly rod w/ a mosquito pattern. We saw some bigger fish in the holes below winnebejoiu but didn't have much time to fish because the water was low and fast and I had all I could do to keep the canoe under control. We left lots of paint on the rocks and saw 3 other canoes dump so I'm glad we made it through the day safe and dry. Great time and I bet the fishing and canoeing may be improved with all of the rain we got last weekend.Good luck to all who venture!
redhooks

Redhooks. BD110 and I were out the past two nights.Mon night was a tough nite for me I had 6 good hits,hooked 5 of them and landed none!!! 1 cut my line and the others just got off.Last nite (tues) I got a bit luckier.out of about 7 hits I hooked and landed 5 lake runs and 1 resident.The fish ranged from 22in to just shy of 27in. BD110 he had a couple of nice hits but was unable to land any yet,hopefully he'll get one before the season ends on sept.30th.Next time you head out give me a yell and I'll try to meet up with you.I may be out this thurs. for a few hrs before I have to work a midnight shift.

Hey Pout-slayer-
Glad to hear you had such a great night to make up for a slow monday-either way it sure beats watchin someone else do it on TV! I planned on going this thurs but have obligations in Ely so I'm gonna make it a point to try again next thurs night (sep16) while enroute to lake michigan to meet up w/ my Dad and bro. I'll give a holler next week before I go and maybe we can hook up-Good luck to you guys this week and may you find the lunkers your looking for!!!
redhooks