• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sugar Shane

Jim Uran

I was surprised when I heard he had ate Margaritos lunch! Sugar Shane can still get er done I guess and at an age when alot of those fighters can barely put a sentence together. Good for him, a throw back beating the odds.

I used to be all boxing, in younger years was even a sparring partner for one of our state champs. Did some road work with our current boxing commissioner and was boyhood friends with another of our state pro champions.

I could answer just about any nostalgic boxing question. Then along came Ultimate Fighting and MMA and little by little I drifted away from regular boxing. Got bored with watching to big fat heavyweights lay on each other and the mismatches weren't anything to watch.

"In this corner fighting out of Ireland with a record of 410 and 1 with 409 knock outs, green trunks...and in this corner, a late substitute that took the fight on 4 seconds notice, with a record of 200 losses and 3 wins, red trunks!"

I can't watch that stuff anymore, has to be a competitive fight or I'm passin on it....truth be known, i would'nt have paid to see the Mosely/Margarito fight, thinking Mosely to be over the hill.

It wasn't a PPV it was on HBO. I agree with what you are saying about MMA compared to boxing, I did the same thing. Boxing is not what it used to be, The heavy weight division has no talent except the klitchko's. Welter and middle weights are the excitement now. Not too many good matches left but there are a few that pop up.