• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

91 phazer 2 Yamaha carbs?

Marbleye'd

I have my brothers 91 yam phazer 2. He hasn't ran it in a couple years. I got it running but the carbs are still messed up. I used seafoam and it is getting better and today me and my friend cleaned them out....after putting it all back together it definitely runs better but the low end is lagging and I still have to choke it. Will this wok it's way out or did we miss something while cleaning the carbs?

from the bottom that went through the float right?

??? the only thing that goes "through" the float are the float alignment pins. The picture below does not use those, yours may or may not depending on what carb you have.

The pilot jets are very small little brass jets that screw in from the bottom and are located up in a recessed hole. Also when you take out the main jet you should push out the needle receiver and clean it. When cleaning carb, the pilot jet should be removed and "cleaned out" with a fine wire. Carb cleaner usually will not remove the crud in the pilot jet without some help!

5a.jpg

I'm not sure if we got them or not. we took out a long one about 2" and picked out the gunk from there but i dont think we did any others. If not do you think that the seafoam and high octane will clean it out?

The long one is the needle receiver and the main jet screws into that. If you didn't clean the pilot, it wont idle right and will be lean on the low end. Carb cleaner and such will rarely if ever clean it without the help of a fine wire to get the gunk out. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results once you get it cleaned out and everything is right. A little extra practice and knowledge of the carb is a good thing! wink

great info macgyver55. Also if the bottom of the float bowl still has junk in it then its just a matter of time before they clog again. Gas in the carb for a couple years can be a nightmare to clean. may require more than a couple cleanings in some cases. Do not hold that thing wide open across the lake until u are sure everything is clean. Soaking for a day or two really helps the cleaning process. good luck