• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV maintenance

hoggsback

Looking for info on maintenance for my 06 Honda trx500fe. I don't have a manual anymore and have never changed the oil, lubed it or any other routine maintenance. What should I be doing.

I use it in the summer for casual riding and fall for bringing the deer back to cabin. No hard core riding with it.

10w30 synthetic and 10w 30 dino oil is the same viscosity one is not thinner than the other. You can switch to synthetic oil whenever you want. You can also switch from synthetic to regular oil whenever you want. You do not have to "start with" one or the other. Synthetic is the better choice of the two for a lot of reasons. I would for sure change the oil and filter, service the air filter and change the lube in the differentials. Check the owners manual for other needed service or check with a dealer.