• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Pike Video

Bigslugger

Bigslugger, way to go. I speared my first one about 32 years ago. I'm 43 now and it seems like yesterday. Get some dark blankets to put over the house. That should help a little.

Thanks for sharing.

Thats what I was thinking about doing, but my neighbor is letting me use his darkhouse till the 15th!

Yep dark blankets are the way to go.

I like to use moving blankets. They are thick and quilted. They are great for darkening it up and for insulation you will use allot less propane!! They are pretty cheap at any of those cheep tool places that send catalogs all the time.

I just clamp them on the outside, it may look a little hillbilly but from the inside of the house you don't notice it at all. laugh

Once you have decided you want to spear and have the money for it then invest in something different.

3064115573_8ec6f7474c.jpg

As for the rope this little trick should help.

I always keep the rope above the spear by placing it in between the pole and the canvas like this.

3159951809_38149c5d40.jpg

Make sure has enough friction so it stays put but make sure it pulls easy from where you put it. Test that before you throw the spear.

That is a great video!!

It is really cool to see you getting out there and making it work!! I am glad you were rewarded!!! Nice Pike!!

Yep dark blankets are the way to go.

I like to use moving blankets. They are thick and quilted. They are great for darkening it up and for insulation you will use allot less propane!! They are pretty cheap at any of those cheep tool places that send catalogs all the time.

I just clamp them on the outside, it may look a little hillbilly but from the inside of the house you don't notice it at all. laugh

Once you have decided you want to spear and have the money for it then invest in something different.

3064115573_8ec6f7474c.jpg

As for the rope this little trick should help.

I always keep the rope above the spear by placing it in between the pole and the canvas like this.

3159951809_38149c5d40.jpg

Make sure has enough friction so it stays put but make sure it pulls easy from where you put it. Test that before you throw the spear.

That is a great video!!

It is really cool to see you getting out there and making it work!! I am glad you were rewarded!!! Nice Pike!!

Thanks for the info. Ill try the moving blanket idea since we have a dozen of em laying around

Hopefully I will get some more useful tips from you guys at the get together on Little Long!

Thanks for the info. Ill try the moving blanket idea since we have a dozen of em laying around

They can be sewed(sp?) with a normal sewing machine.

I have an 8' X 8' cover my mom sewed up, I was going to use on a clam sleeper but now I use it on my 8X8 Northlander.

It works great