• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Floe Trailer Salt Shield/Ramp Combo distributors..?

Dellfin

Does anyone know a Minneapolis area distributor who sells these things at a "reasonable" price? I have a '99 Floe trailer and would like to add one. However, the price I'm being quoted by local Floe dealers makes me feel like I'm buying an entirely new trailer!

You're going to need a miracle to find one of those around for a decent price.

I have never seen the Floe ramp/sheild for sale used other than at a Flow dealer.

They know they'll get their price for it eventually.

Try making a reasonable offer and see if that works.

I have been looking too but am thinking of just making one out of plywood because of the cost. I plan on replacing the deck wood next summer so I figured I could try it and if doesn't work out no biggie. Has anyone tried making there own? Any tips would help.

We just built a wood salt shield for the front of my trailer..cost of the materials at home depot was around $90 for everything including the paint..basically its three triangle shaped trusses with plywood covering on them..we ran 2 by 2's arcross the bottom, middle and top and secured plywood on the front..easy and cheap...I can throw you a pic or two if you want...it's easily removable with two hitch pins on each side..very solid when mounted as well...

Jerkin'm-

Do you use this for a ramp as well, or just the salt shield? Can't imagine that 2x2's would support the weight of a snowmobile...but maybe with some 3/4 plywood that would work.

Would love to see some pics of your project as well. Thanks!

No idea on the price but from your post and my experience with aluminum trailers...BIG BANK!

Actually I'm going to guess....$699?

It's such a nice option to have though IMO!

I just don't see Flow allowing an after market or another manufactures product to fit their trailer with-out some serious modification.

My experience with Flow is they tend to be real proprietory "sp" with their accessories.

Good Luck and keep that back in shape for the time being.. DOAH!