• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Coolant system

Pickelfarmer

I have a 1996 XLT that I just bought this year. It runs great and everything seems to work fine. The only thing I noticed is that the coolant was low when I bought it so I filled the resivor and after I did so the coolant pushed out through the little pin hole in the cap. I filled it again tonight and the same thing happened. Any thoughts on why it would be doing this.

I am filling it with the sled running and I only fill it to the Min line on the side of the resivor.

start by replacing the cap and work from there. Was the motor just rebuilt? Are u talking the resevoir cap or the pressure cap. replace the pressure cap to start with. Worst case scenario the cylinder block isn't correctly decked. good luck

Are u talking the resevoir cap or the pressure cap. replace the pressure cap to start with.

It is the Resevoir cap. It has a small pin hole in the top of it. I'm assumming that its supposed to have that little hole in there?? No it was not recintly over hauled. I called and asked the guy I bought it from. He said he has not dont any work to it. The sled has about 3200 miles on it.

Another option is to open the pressure valve on your big cap and let the air out, you might have a "bubble" of air in the lines thats causing it to backflow. I just fixed my xlt and you have to have that pressure cap open and motor running, try that and it should suck down the coolant.

I just wanted to say thanks for those that replied(and everyone else who replies to problems on this forum). I checked the cap and there is a little plate on the back side that was broke off. You guys helped so much, and I thank you for that. I changed caps and filled the sled with the new cap off.I filled the sled while it was running. I then filled the resivor,put the new cap on and its great now. Thanks again guys. I'll say this, This forum is the best tool any snowmobiler could ever have in his/her tool box for sure. Take care and happy trails grin