• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Auger repair shop

DOH!!!!! On one of my last trips out on the ice I broke the rope on the recoil on my Mag 2000 auger. Being the handy man that I am, I tried to fix it myself. Figureing its not that hard. (HAHA) Not being all that mechanically inclined in the recoil department is a detriment to anyone that owns a power auger or anything else that isnt electric start!!!!! Long story short the wound up spring came flyin out of the cover like a rabbit out of a brush pile, slapped 2 of us in the face and ended up on the pool table 10 feet away!!!! I need a local shop or person that can get me a new spring and put it back together for me!!! anybody got any local (madison county) shops they use???

Thanks

Iceman1603

I don't have any Madison shops for you maybe the "Madison Gang" can help with that I do know that Creekside in E. Syracuse has done them I talked to there repair guy Dan and they change two or 3 recoils there every ice season. If it's an older auger it's easier because on the newer one they have an aluminum housing and they are more susceptible to changes in temp and actually warp frown Anyhow his number is 463-9679. He said make sure you bring the entire auger when you bring it in. Good luck and post back here how your repair went.. My cord is starting to get a little thin on my 10 year old Strikemaster as well.

Another guy was in Fayetteville, Bill Robinson @ Fayetteville Equipment 637-8165., I would try Creekside first if you can't find anyone local... Hope this helps...