• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Transfer to computer for dummies

Couldn't think of a better place to ask.

My Nikon Coolpix L11 won't connect to my computer for some reason. Yes, I have the USB cord plugged in... wink I have Windows XP for an operating system.

It worked fine before, then I guess there's been a problem since our daughter hooked up her MP4. No more tone signaling a connection either.

Is this a common problem where a setting might be off?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Wanderer, you could try un-installing the software that you use to connect your camera and re-install. That likely will take care of your problem. An even better idea is to buy a card reader for your memory card and use that to access your photos. It will be faster and won't use camera power up. Good luck, let us know if it works out.

Well, a guy just innately needs more gadgets. A card reader from Ultimate for $15 didn't seem out of line. That's the route I went with. The other options will be tested too.

The pic got downloaded courtesy of Neighbor_guy though.

DSCN3033-1.jpg

Thanks again.

Another option:

START > RIGHT Click on the MY COMPUTER ICON > Click MANAGE > Click the + by the STORAGE > Click DISK MANAGEMENT.

On the bottom it shows all the hard drives/cameras/USB devices installed. Sometimes when you plug into a USB port there is already a Drive Letter Assigned to something. Once you see the camera listed RIGHT CLICK the said camera/Hard Drive/USB device and choose Change Drive Letter. Another box appears and in the middle it says CHANGE, click that and it opens yet another box and on the Right it has a drop down menu with Drive letters. Choose one thats towards the end and Click YES. Even the card readers take up multiple Drive letter so you could see C: Hard Drive, D: CD-Rom Drive, E: SD SLot, F: MicroSD Slot, so on and so forth.