• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is spearing slowwer this year?

merkman

Or is it just me?

I seem to have had better luck last year than this year.

Of the fish I have seen they seem to be more skittish this year too.

Anyone else noticing that?

maybe I got all the dumb ones in my lake and only the smart ones are left? grin

yes you said it Jason. there has been a few of those days but not many.

Jason there is a little lake on cty rd 10 south of watertown not sure of the name and was wondering if you have ever been on it spearing. went buy there today and notice a few fishouses out there.

quote]

It's been slow for me.

I haven't seen a northern in the last 3 days of spearing (including one day at Zippel). Luckily today some nice bluegills kept me entertained.

I would say the places I was used to going were much slower this year than the past few. I would agree that fish seem to be more fearful of the hole too. I think it may have to do with the very low temps early, a lot of snow, or my fishing ability.

Had the spearhouse out beginning of Dec. but wasn't able to spear much, lots of tulibees in the hole, usually a good sign, but didn't see a lot of fish. Last two weeks, including the cold snap, have been pretty decent. Only am able to spear about 2 hours at a time (little ones at home), but have been seeing 3-4 fish each time out. Nothing big, maybe 4 lbs. the biggest, but enough to keep it interesting. Still spearing in about 11' on a drop that goes to 37'. Hopefully in a month the big mamas will start showing up again!