• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just for fun... My decoys... Post yours too!!

Laska

Figured Id have some fun and post some of my decoys that Ive made over the past month, some are unfinished but its all good, figured it would get you guys to post your collections aswell, dont know bout all ya'll but I like looking at all the decoys that are out there! Have fun!

one of the first days I went out. Bald Eagle, if ya look close this one is tagged on its leg.

101_0720.jpg

Northern,Sucker, n just a fish

3decoys.jpg

Tiny 5" Northern, My Gf's carved perch unfinished and my goby, The goby has unfinished back fins decided to put them on after the fact

3decoys2.jpg

Close up of my favorite, Northern Pike Natural

northerndecoy.jpg

Mixed it up a bit, this guy swims nice n sloooww...

redspotredone.jpg

well the goby, surprisingly brought in the biggest northern yet about 40" long, Didnt have a good shot tho, came in 2x but null shots each time but yeah 6" goby brought in that big of a fish 5 minutes after I dropped it in the water!

My heart was racing so fast! My gf was with me too and she felt the same way, she said it was so big she darn near puked haha, Thats gotta be the biggest fish Ive seen in person my whole life, Im just kinda curious why it went for a 6" decoy instead of a live sucker I had going which was 4" bigger.... Wierd...

Here is my latest decoy creation(?)

I guess it is more of an idea.

I couldn't make it out this morning so I am going to give this a shot tomorrow morning.

I am going to fill this up with about 3 doz shinners and drop it down the hole. I picked plastic since if I ever did hit it with the spear there wouldn't be glass everywhere. I used a clear plastic jug we had laying around I suppose you could even use a plastic mayo jar if you wanted?

3240670267_32148ba597.jpg

The fish weren't moving today on the lake I was on.

We tried a little bit of everything in each hole and nothing came in. I even flashed a musky spoon for a while and nothing was moving.

It is time for me to scout out another lake that no one goes to. I was spoiled before. The lake I was on had no reputation for fish, tip up fishing, or spearing. I did pretty good on it. I rarley went a day without seeing fish. Now I hear people talking about tip up fishing it.

A couple years ago it was just 3 of us on this one lake. This year another guy put two of his houses out and then along came someone else with another, and on the weekends it is another portable, and another portable, tip ups, etc etc. Once a road gets packed down the people come and come. Of course they have to set up right on top of the houses that are out there. I have seen the steady decline in fish this year. It is amazing what a little pressure will do to a small lake.

I wanted to wait it out since I have no auger and I am not sure if my back will hold up to cutting 2 holes in 18+ inches of ice. I am going to bring my shack to the get to gator next weekend then I will try another lake after that.

In the end it is a public resource and everyone is free to use it as for me, I think I will find another neglected public resource to set up on.