• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BOOGARD

pinkfloyd4ever

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two guys that come to mind that I have played against in league games that were average at best in the league, but were goons in the NHL. Mike Puloso who is about my age and Jim Korn. Korn is older by 10 years so that's not that great of an example. Both these guys had way better stats than Boogaard and they aren't what I would consider good league players. There have been other guys that are awesome players that didn't make it to the NHL but they weren't goons either. Dave Grannis is one that comes to mind. He is very skilled. I know he played for the Gophers in the 80's and I think he was drafted but I don't think he made the NHL. Grannis and a few other guys in the league that I know played D-3 hockey would take Puloso and Korn to school in a non-checking league. I can even hold my own against these guys and I just played Jr. Gold hockey. Like I said before, it doesn't matter, apples and oranges. Until Boogaard retires and joins a men's league I guess we'll never know.

This is a tough thing to compare. Like Hockey Guy says, apples and oranges... Every player brings a different dynamic to a team. Boogy isn't there to skate around people and look pretty. He serves a specific purpose and does it well in my opinion. He may get skated around in a non-checking men's league, but that is not where he is playing, so you can't really compare them like Hockey Guy says. My point was that I hear so many people say that they could do as well as this pro athlete or that pro athlete (regardless of the sport) not realizing the competition that these guys are up against. I don't think it is fair to say that Boogy isn't a hockey player.

Originally Posted By: yopaulypinkfloyd
I remember the old north stars had Basil McRae right before moving to big D.

I remember my first North Star game as a kid, watching him drop the gloves, he was my childhood idol till they moved to Dallas

Yup, had the old sega or nintendo hockey that had maybe 8 teams, 1 was MN and I would always say I was Basil when you could fight the other team 1 on 1 cool