• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

These two grabbed my attention

I was looking through my pictures that i took in Ireland last month. For some reason they grabbed my attention, I have no idea why they did, but I couldnt stop starting at them

Can you figure out why i was so sucked in?

HPIM0305.jpg

HPIM0309.jpg

I was looking through my pictures that i took in Ireland last month. For some reason they grabbed my attention, I have no idea why they did, but I couldnt stop starting at them

Can you figure out why i was so sucked in?

Perhaps, because it is Ireland, mrfish. The gray stone walls, colorful doors and windows, a spirituality I have never witnessed anywhere else. I gathered and cropped my pictures of doors together in a collage, as well as one of windows, one of garden gates, one of animals, and one of Irish faces. These pictures are drawing you back in to her and will continue to draw you back in to her for a looooooong time. She sings a siren song that does not let go. I have never been to a location that felt so utterly different but felt so absolutely like being home. It has this mystical feel of ancientness, but not an antiquity that shuts you out. I finally (about the space of time that you now have between you and your trip) started putting my pictures in some kind of chronological order and then started journaling about the trip, about the sense of place, a little history, and about the longing to go back. Since I don't journal, or particularly even write, this was a real change. It took hours and hours, but it helped to sort of bring a close to a wonderful journey, gave me many times the pleasure from my travel dollar, and helped me to understand, a little bit, why I was feeling the way you are feeling now--a nostalgia, but its more than nostalgia, isn't it? The photo journal allows me to repeat the journey all over again, even seven years later. Keep the pictures coming--I am experiencing Ireland again vicariously through you.