• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund Repair ?

berfish

I have a 98 Mr. Pike 16. It has the set back counsle because it is the 50th Aniversary edition. So it has two seats side by side in the rear of the boat. One driver and One passenger. Plus the front seat and a middle seat. I only keep the two rear seats in. Sorta like a bass boat set up. Now...the last two years I have had to retighten the screws to keep the mounting plates secure to the floor. Seems as though the screws are stripping out of the wood floor. More of a problem on the passenger seat than the driver's seat. No problems with the other seat bases. I already have turned the plate an inch just to drill into new secure holes. But even those seem to be stripping out after a couple fishing trips. I know the wood is probably bad where those screw holes are. I don't want to replace the wood if I dont have too since it doesn't seem weak or anything other than the screws not catching. Anyone know of a good idea to secure those seats for good? I was thinking some sort of expanding glue or Great Stuff expanding foam or something like that. Thanks.

I'm not sure if your base plates have a hole cut into the floor or not. I have an older style plate that has a 3 inch hole or so cut into the floor. I was able to squeeze my hand down below the floor and put T nuts into the backside of the screw holes. The tnuts are basically a treaded sleeve with a disk on the back to prevent the bolts from ripping out of the wood. the bolts from the top go into the nuts, and cinchs everything down nice and tight.

We have also added silicone or even wood glue to the screws when putting them back in, just to help them be a bit stickier and less likely to loosen. It will help for a while, better than nuthin smile

I had a couple of holes I couldn't reach when I did mine. I took some double sided tape, and stuck it to the end of a 1 inch putty knife. stuck the back of the t-nut to it, and used it to hold it in place while I tighened a nut from above with out the baseplate in just to get the tnut seated. good luck, and let us know what works for you!

Since your seats are toward the rear of the boat you may have a shot at the underside with the fuel tank access panel removed, that or perhaps the livewell panel.

Toggle bolts are an option - make sure you know what you're drilling into under the seat base though first.

If you can't get in there to bolt it, maybe there's enough space to slide a thin piece of aluminum / steel under the holes so you have metal to drill into.

marine_man

I'm in the process of putting a new floor in my 99 Lund Angler SS. Pretty similar boat. I have to believe you've got an aluminum plate under the plywood and the whole cavity is filled with foam. Have you had the pedestal base off. You should be able to tell but I don't think you'll be able to access anything. Are you sure your plywood isn't getting soft. Good Luck!