• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

31 below in the Bog!

jonny_redhorse

But I had a good morning!..... 1 Great Grey...2 Northern Hawk Owls!I spotted the GGO about a mile south of Townlne road intersection(cty #16) on Hwy #5 close to "Foss road"(east side of #5)...(Yup, you got a road named after you Steve! grin)....sitting in a popple tree about 50 from the highway.....only bad thing is the sun was coming up behind the owl making for some lighting problems.....snapped a few images and crossed my fingers.....Then I took a run down the McDavitt Road and spotted a NHO sitting about 250' off the road atop a tamarac.....the #2 NHO was on Hwy#7(east side)(close to the Sax road intersection)....a great Owl day!

cold and frosty this morning to say the least!...

P1060767-1copy.jpg

DSCN4561-3.JPG

DSCN4583-1copy.jpg

notice the frost on the owl's face....gotta be tough for these owl's one would think...He's in his "hunting mode"...didn't mind me there at all!

DSCN4544-2copy.jpg

the first NHO off the McDavitt...

DSCN4616-1.JPG

2nd NHO on hwy #7....

DSCN4636-3.JPG

a snowshoe hare that didn't seem to mind letting me get close to take his pic...

P1060823-4.JPG

P1060816-4.JPG

DSCN4664-5.JPG

DSCN4670-1.JPG

I really like that final image too, Jonny. Sounds like you had a great day! smilesmile

Foss Road, eh? Guess that'll go along with the city named after me in northwestern Minnesota. Not that Fosston has ever rolled out the red carpet when I've been there. gringrin

Thanks Guys!.....Yes,one of my better days in the bog for sure......Good try Mike!...Tough to make a photo better when it's not very good to start with....maybe some time spent in photo shop doing the "lasso" thing... maybe changing the sky to blue etc. would help.....certainly hard to get these bird subjects to do what you want em to do....and be where you want em to be.... grin