• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV , UTV tracks

slammer

I don't have any and never tried any but read plenty on them. Wish I had the money to try them out once. From what I gather, you will want bigger than 500cc's on an atv. There are plenty of vids on youtube about them in deep snow. The only problem I have seen with them getting stuck is if ice heaves or tree limbs that catch the front of the track and you can't get on top of them. This may depend on the track system also. There are a few guys here with them and they can probably fill you in.

Somethingfishy will be the guy to talk about ATV tracks.

What I can tell you is that if you run tracks on machines smaller than 700cc, you'll be struggling to get the most out of your machines performance.

Tracks will seriously reduce the amount of hp transfered to the ground.

Do any of you guys run tracks on your machines? How do they handle deep snow? Do they affect the steering? Do you need a bigger motor or do the smaller ones have enough power to turn them?

Here are a few recent topics regarding tracks here on FM:

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1637668/Tracks#Post1637668

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ub...nte#Post1601283

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ub...cks#Post1556404

P1000585.jpg

P1000586.jpg

P1000587.jpg

P1000641.jpg

For additional "Expert" information check out ATVTRACKS DOT NET (I borrowed the last picture from them)

Dozen_Tracks__800x600_.jpg

Those are some cool pics fishy. Imagine what it will be like with EPS. wink

I don't want to. whistle I have the money to go trade for a new one right now. I have been thinking about that or possibly a sled. Common sense tells me to use it on the ATV or better yet even the house. I almost loaded up my 08 yesterday and today and went to the dealer, fortunately my preffered dealer isn't open on sundays.

So close........

BTW, I saw a few weeks ago on [YouNeedAuthorization] there was a prospector pro kit for a XP. Some part needed to run the tracks on it. It was in St. Cloud I believe also. I think it went rather cheap.

I also took your advise and went with the Symtec kit again. Install was a cinch on Polaris compared to others I have installed on.

I have the new Prospector Pro S on my Polaris 05 700.

These are the best things I've ever bought for my machine.

I was up on Mille Lacs this past week with all the snow. I have absolutely no problem getting around. Very good in deep snow.

It does make the steering harder however.

I don't know about the motor issue. I know my 700 handles them just fine.