• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone been to Blackdog yet this winter?

Paul

I am heading to Hastings next weekend for a late christmas and am wondering if anyone has been down to Black Dog Road latley and seen any birds? How about the river in Hastings?

Things have been a little slow behind my camera latley during my home remodel project. I am doing some basic remodeling to help sell my current home and buy a new one. My trigger finger is getting jitttttttttttttttery and needs some workout.

Paul

If you are going to be in Hastings, it's only a few miles from there to Red Wing. Your odds would be much better at finding eagles down there. Their numbers have been down so far, but that will change with colder weather. To date, there has been too much open water, so they're pretty scattered. The best is yet to come.

BDR was a complete waste of time. I ventured to Redwings Colville Park on Sunday. Ofcourse on Saturday we had bright blue skys and no wind. On sunday morning, we had snow, wind, and really crappy grey skys all morning. Ther were lots of eagles around but all to far away to get any shots. I ventured up the shore line along the railroad tracks untill I fell and go hurt breaking my camera lense hood in the process. Almost had to crawl back to my truck, what a lousy way to end a photo shoot, injured and repairs needed. So now I sit here in front of my compueter doing processing on my 2 good shots all day. Oh well, it was easy, everyone would be wandering around the river in coveralls, boots, hats, and gloves, hopeing to fill up the memory cards.