• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"the Northern Hawk Owl"

jonny_redhorse

I finally found one of these guys!....happy happy! grin...Was kinda wondering when we were going to cross paths grin......of course the "classic" place just off #7 and Sax road about 500 yards.....in a popple tree this time....about 40 yards of the(100 yards earlier in the morning)), road north side....and......yes!....ran into Mike Lentz and his buddy Stan Tekiela!...shot the breeze for a half hour or so on the Ribs2 station and headed back to get a few more images of the NHO...flew from tree to tree but basically let a guy get all the pics he wanted!...then.....Jmalm(Jim) showed up!....another "bog meeting....all coincidence!....nice talking and meeting everyone again... grin

lighting certainly wasn't the best this morning....I guess when you have nothing but lemons...well....you make lemonaid! grin

DSCN4470-4.JPG

owl51.jpg

owl97-1.jpg

NHO2-1.jpg

I recognize that bird as well! Thanks for telling me where this guy was hanging out... he never did "come on down" to greet us, but I suspect with a few more appearances up there we might have better luck. It was nice seeing you again, Jonny! Your a good guy to hang around with, real easy going and nice to talk with.

I also want to say to you and the rest of the "Bog keepers" that I appreciate your efforts to keep the birds fed and the stations up and running! Without people like you guys, it really wouldn't be as fruitful or fun going up there. So once again, thank you!