• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heading to the Bog on Sunday

Jim Almquist

Jim,I was just outside and there is an 1/8" of glaze black ice over the entire area......the weather could certainly affect the roads for sunday morning....maybe a good idea to wait for the sunday meet and let this freezing rain pass...will be watching the weather before I make a final decision to head out sunday morning....

It's 34 degrees here right now, and everything's melting. I expect the roads are wet rather than icy, and it's supposed to drop temps all through the day.

Question becomes, with the salt on the roads already and the additional stuff they'll be adding today, will they become skating rinks or will they stay wet for awhile and then dry as traffic wears away the moisture?

Doubly true on weekends, since weekends are typically when the Bog gets its influx of birders who are traveling to get there, and iffy weather forecasts tend to keep them from coming. You guys are probably looking at a good day. Looks like at least some nice sun, too, or bright overcast. smilesmile

I took a chance!....the desire to find those owls is overwhelming! grin....the roads are just fine as Steve said....regular, brown, slush buckets but not really "THAT" slippery.....but.....if they freeze,which they are going to do....areas with no salt may be slippery.....but....I'll be going Sunday anyways!...but only half a day!...gotta be back early afternoon grin......