• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canyon Ferry: Anglers are out on the south end of the lake with reports of ice 5 to 8 inches thick. Success is mixed with both trout and perch being caught. No reports of anyone catching many walleyes.

Clark Canyon Reservoir: Ice fishing has been good with both rainbow trout and ling being caught. Ice thickness is building fast with 12 to 14 inches in some places. Some rainbows are running 3 to 4 pounds and hitting on jigging spoons and jigs with a grub tail.

Cooney Reservoir: Reports are that it has at least 8 inches of ice. Over the weekend, anglers reported good trout fishing with jigs off of the point on Red Lodge Creek Arm.

Deadman's Basin: The reservoir is covered with cracked, rough ice due to high winds when ice was forming. A few anglers have been out doing some salmon snagging. The limit is 35 per day. Also remember that ice shelters must be set up and removed daily.

Fort Peck Reservoir at [PoorWordUsage] Creek: [PoorWordUsage] Creek Bay is frozen over with 8 to 14 inches of ice. The main lake is frozen west of [PoorWordUsage] Creek and east to Crooked Creek, though ice thickness at Crooked Creek wasn't known as of Monday. Main lake ice thickness at [PoorWordUsage] Creek is 5 to 7 inches. No fishermen out yet, but expect that to change in the coming week.

Lake Elmo: Ice is between 6 and 8 inches thick and anglers are catching a few perch with bait.

Martinsdale, Bair, Sutherlin reservoirs: Ice is reported to be at least 8 inches thick on these three reservoirs west of Harlowton, and trout are being caught on a variety of jigs and baits.

Nelson Reservoir: Early snow and drifting has made for some uneven ice thicknesses and weak spots, though in general it's 6 to 8 inches thick. An angler dropped the front end of his vehicle in on Monday. Some walleyes are being caught and people are pushing portable ice houses out onto the ice for northern pike spearing.

Tongue River Reservoir: A few fishermen have been out at the south end of the lake, though ice conditions on the north end are uncertain. Use care as the ice hasn't been forming as quickly as you'd think with the cold temperatures. But with continued cold, things will be improving.

Yellow Water and Petrolia reservoirs: These two reservoirs near Winnett should be producing some winter fishing, but there haven't been any reports yet. FWP fall sampling in Yellow Water showed good numbers of trout weighing 1 to 2 pounds. Petrolia had a good water year for its northern pike and walleyes.

unfortunatly for me the Tongue River is the closest pan fish location for me... guess I'll have to wait it out. Lake Elmo in Billings is the closest, but I have heard the perch were small...

Will give you a report next week some time, too busy goose hunting yet...

I'm stuck down here in Texas and rely heavily (exclusively) lol on reports from you guys up there...we are coming up in March so my eyes will be glued to this site keeping track of everyone's reports! Thanks!